We are looking for enthusiastic international student ambassadors who can talk passionately about their student experience, helping prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students gain insight into life at the University. Your friendly and approachable nature will help promote the University as a customer-focussed, caring institution
If this sounds like you, and you would like to gain some valuable work experience, apply for our International Student Ambassador Scheme today
Example duties and responsibilities
You can showcase your ambassadorial skills in some of the following activities:
- Provide a student experience testimonial.
- Take part in photoshoots and videos for use in University marketing activities.
- Carry out telephone campaigns to help convert applicants to students.
- Answer prospective students’ enquiries by email as part of the ‘Ask a student’ scheme.
- Take part in online chats or webinars.
- Support in-country social media or submit student experience blog posts.
- Assist with website content annual review.
- Carry out campus tours or attend recruitment fairs, where possible.
- Assist at the annual education agents’ conference.
We are looking for enthusiastic current international students who have excellent communication and customer care skills.
The scheme is ideal if you want a flexible role that fits in around your studies.
||Current non-EU international student at Edinburgh Napier University.
||Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
||Experience of working with a variety of people from different cultures, backgrounds and ages.|
Experience of providing campus tours.
||Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Ability to use your initiative.
Commitment to high service standards and customer focus.
|Ability to present to groups of people.|
Effective team working skills.
Activities will take place throughout the year and you will be informed of them as they arise. You can then sign up for jobs, when you are available. Jobs will be awarded on a performance/reliability basis, the date your reply is also taken into account.
You must be available to attend a compulsory information and training session in October.
How you will benefit
You will gain valuable work experience as an international student ambassador that will complement your studies.
- Gain first-hand experience working in a higher education environment.
- Develop your soft skills, such as public speaking and communication, and gain valuable work experience for your CV.
- Get to know and network with staff in other parts of the University.
- Meet and make friends with other international students.
- Feel part of the University and what it has to offer.
- Share positive student experiences with prospective students.
Successful candidates will receive a £500 scholarship, in return for ambassadorial activities.
Some paid work will be available throughout the year.
Where we are based
International Operations is located at the Sighthill Campus.
Post-holders who have not undertaken any duties within a single trimester, or fail to give due notifications of absence from ambassador activities (on three separate occasions) will be asked to leave the scheme. This condition may be waived if the post-holder can provide evidence of extenuating circumstances.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.