At each of our campuses you'll find top quality resources which reflect the main specialities of the academic schools located there. You'll also find friendly, trained library staff who will be happy to help answer any queries you have.
Find out more about each campus library:
Campus Libraries provide:
- collections of print and audiovisual learning and research materials
- borrowing facilities
- a mix of quiet and silent study areas
- individual and group study rooms
- self service copying, scanning and printing
- induction loops at all service points
- document supply (inter-library loan) service for material not in Library stock
- enquiry service
- staffed enquiry points
- self-service machines to borrow and return items.
Edward Clark Collection
The Edward Clark Collection consists of around 5,000 items illustrating the development of the book from the 15th century. More specifically, it concentrates on the development of typography, the techniques of printing illustrations, and fine bindings. The collection is located within Merchiston Library
The War Poets Collection
The few months Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon spent at Craiglockhart in 1917 were productive for both of them. Their relationship was mutually beneficial to their work, particularly to Owen who was only beginning to find his poetic voice.
As a tribute and commemoration to Owen, Sassoon and other poets of the First World War, the University established The War Poets Collection in 1988, on the 70th Anniversary of the signing of the Armistice: 11 November 1918.
Our aim is to improve the services we provide to all our customers and so we consult, plan our activities, then monitor our performance. See Plans and Performance.