mobile icon

  Childcare Fund

There are several sources of funding for childcare depending on an individual student’s circumstances. These include the University Childcare Fund, the University Discretionary Fund and the Lone Parent Childcare Grant.
If you are having any difficulties viewing this page please contact​
University Childcare Fund

You are eligible to apply if:

  • you are a full-time UK registered student, or are from another country and satisfy the SAAS residence conditions to be treated in the same way as a UK student for student funding (i.e. student loan/bursary for living costs) purposes and; (part-time students should apply to the University Discretionary Fund) and;
  • you are attending the University as part of a degree programme and have been awarded a student loan/bursary from a UK awarding body (for postgraduate students who are not eligible for a student loan please see University Discretionary Fund) and;
  • you have taken out or applied for the maximum student loan to which you are entitled (for further details see Student Loans) and;
  • you have explored all other funding options open to you, including the maximum overdraft available to you on a student bank account (for help and assistance with student bank accounts see the ENSA Advice)

You are not eligible to apply if:

  • you are a Scottish nursing student in receipt of a non means-tested NHS bursary (please see Funding for Nursing Students)
  • you are a nursing student from the rest of the UK and are eligible to receive a student loan from the awarding body relevant to your UK country of ordinary residence
  • you are a student from an EU country only eligible for Tuition Fee assistance from SAAS
  • you are an international student
  • you have not taken out or applied for the maximum student loan available to you

If you are unsure whether you are eligible to apply there is advice available in the iPoint on each campus. For details see: One to One Guidance

Lone parents

If you are a full-time undergraduate student who is eligible for a UK student loan and also the Lone Parent Grant (from SAAS or other UK awarding body), you could be eligible for the Lone Parent Childcare Grant from Edinburgh Napier University. You should apply to the University Childcare Fund in the normal way and we’ll be able to see from your award notice that you have been awarded the Lone Parent Grant in addition to your student loan. We will automatically consider you for the Lone Parent Childcare Grant. There is no need to apply separately.

Summer childcare support

Some support may be available during the summer e.g. for those needing to re-sit exams or attend academically required placements. Please contact the Student Funding Team for more information about summer vacation childcare support. 

University Discretionary Fund
How do I apply?
Where can I get help with my application?
Childcare – other general information

​​Application status

OPEN | Edinburgh Napier Mobile App