Beyond GraduationOur commitment to you extends long after Graduation. We now provide a range of services you can access for at least a year after you graduate.Graduates are the embodiment of our mission as a university and our commitment to you once you graduate lasts a lifetime. You will become a member of our global Alumni Association, where we provide you with a range of services, benefits and opportunities.
Graduates are the embodiment of our mission as a University and our commitment to you once you graduate lasts a lifetime. You will become a member of our global Alumni Association, where we provide you with a range of services, benefits and opportunities.
Remember to opt-in to communication with the University when you apply for graduation. We take data protection laws very seriously and will only contact you about opportunities and important information if you opt-in, so don’t miss out. Make sure you tell us how you want to be in touch on your graduation form or visit www.napier.ac.uk/alumni.
Software and Information
You will continue to have access to the following services for one year after graduating:
- Your student email account
- Office 365 ProPlus, which gives you access to the full MS Office suite of programs
- Your OneDrive for Business account which provides you with 1TB of personal storage
- You can apply for free Library Membership for the first year after graduating and receive a 50% discount off library membership thereafter.
Your myFuture account will provide you with access to Student Futures Services after you graduate, providing you with a wealth of resources and support to help you find the perfect job.
What can you do through Student Futures and myFuture?
- Search for opportunities
- Discuss your career options
- Get advice on your CV, application processes and portfolio
- Book onto forthcoming events
- Develop you online profile
- Think about further study – as a graduate you are entitled to a 20% discount on any postgraduate study with Edinburgh Napier
Events and Communications
As a graduate you will have access to a custom communications and event schedule that includes:
- Regional alumni chapters all over the world – not one in your area, you can start one!
- Assistance with planning reunions
- Access to exclusive University news and publications, including The Red Triangle magazine – keep in touch and let us know your news!
- Invitations to exclusive events
Opportunities to give back
Giving back can be very beneficial for everyone involved. Perhaps you’ve had an alumni mentor you while you were a student, provide you with a placement opportunity, or come in and speak at one of your lectures. As a graduate you will have opportunities to give back, but it’s not just good for students. Our alumni say that giving back helps their own professional development, improves their CVs and improves their professional network.
Opportunities to give back include:
- Providing a career case study, or a testimonial about your time at the University
- Attending an open day or meeting with prospective students around the world
- Become a mentor
- Provide a student placement
- Contributing financially to student grants
Graduate Outcomes Survey
The Graduate Outcomes Survey is undertaken by all publicly-funded Higher Education Institutions. Leavers are contacted approximately fifteen months after they leave the institution to find out what they are doing. We are proud of all our graduates and we would like to know what you decide to do next. We would be grateful if you could spare a few moments to complete this survey when you are contacted, by taking part you will be helping provide current and prospective students with an accurate picture of employment rated among Edinburgh Napier graduates.