Accommodation Covid-19 FAQs

Our student accommodation is open and available, and will be following Covid Sense guidance as required to keep our students safe.

Do I need to self-isolate when I arrive at accommodation?

Scotland's travel rules for people arriving from abroad have now ended. If you’re arriving in Scotland from another country, you do not need to:

  • complete a Passenger Locator Form
  • take any COVID-19 tests before you leave for Scotland, or after you arrive
  • isolate when you arrive

What should students in accommodation who think they might have Covid-19 do?

NHS guidance advises you to stay at home and avoid contact with other people if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection such as coronavirus and have a high temperature or do not feel well enough to go to work or carry out normal activities.

  • Do this until you no longer have a high temperature (if you had one) or until you feel better.
  • Work from home if you can. If you can't work from home, talk to your employer about your options.
  • Avoid close contact with anyone who is at higher risk, especially individuals with a weakened immune system.
  • If you've been asked to attend a medical or dental appointment in person, tell them about your symptoms.
  • You may wish to ask friends, family or neighbours to get food and other essentials for you.
  • You should tell people you have recently been in contact with that you're feeling unwell. This means they can be aware of signs or symptoms.

Further guidance can be found on the NHS Inform website.

How can I get tested for Covid-19?

From 1 May, most people no longer need to take a coronavirus test and should follow guidance on staying at home if unwell. Testing remains available to specific groups in order to protect highest risk settings and support clinical care - visit the NHS Inform website for more information.

Do I have to wear a face covering?

Face coverings are no longer legally required in indoor spaces including all our university premises; however, the Scottish Government strongly recommends that you continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces.

Can I have guests over or visit another flat?

You can visit other people and have guests over. However, everyone should continue to act carefully and remain cautious.

Please continue to refer to current Scottish Government guidance on how to stay safe.

What support is available to me?

We have a team of accommodation staff and resident assistants who are here to support you with what you need. Please check your kitchen noticeboard for details or visit our Accommodation Contact Us page.

The University's Student Wellbeing team can also provide you with services such as drop-in phone sessions, counselling and workshops aimed at giving you the support and resources you need. For more information, visit our Wellbeing pages.

Two students looking at record discs in a flat

More information on Student Accommodation

Want to find out more about Student Accommodation, including what our flats are like, how to apply and what to expect when you come to live with us?

We've got all you need to know about staying in our residences. Visit our general Student Accommodation pages for more information.

Student Accommodation