Laptop Loan Terms and Conditions
Lockers for Laptop Loans are available to students at Craiglockhart and Merchiston Libraries, the JKCC, Sighthill LRC and Bainfield.
Terms and Conditions:
- To borrow or return a laptop, you must use your physical student card.
- Loan laptops remain the property of Edinburgh Napier University and borrowers must comply with the University’s Information Security Policies and agree to the Library’s Privacy Notice.
- Laptops are loaned for personal use only and must not be given to a third party or taken out of the UK.
- The Borrower is responsible for the loaned laptop and any loss or damage incurred. Please keep the laptop clean.
- Laptops will be checked regularly, and where a returned laptop is found to be damaged the borrower will be charged for repair / replacement. Borrowers should contact the Library Helpdesk or Information Services Service Desk immediately should they notice any damage.
- Laptop loans are subject to the Library’s Borrowing Conditions and usage restrictions will be applied to laptops that are overdue for return. This may include the removal of the ability to login to the laptop.
- Data must not be stored on the laptop – all work must be saved externally (e.g. OneDrive cloud storage).