Laptop Loan Terms and Conditions
Lockers for Laptop Loans are available to students at Craiglockhart and Merchiston Libraries, the JKCC, Sighthill LRC and Bainfield.
Terms and Conditions:
- Any data stored on the laptop will be removed / deleted each time the device is powered off or restarted, all work must be saved and backed up to an external device or online cloud storage.
- Loan laptops remain the property of Edinburgh Napier University and borrowers must comply with the University’s Information Security Policies.
- The Borrower is responsible for the loaned laptop and any loss or damage incurred.
- Laptops are loaned for personal use only and must not be given to a third party.
- Borrowers should contact the Information Services Service Desk immediately should they notice any damage to a laptop.
- Please keep the laptop clean and avoid food and drink spillage. A charge will be made for any damage caused.
- Laptops will be checked regularly, and where a returned laptop is found to be damaged the borrower will be charged for repair / replacement.
- Laptops and power cables may be borrowed for 14 days only and must be returned by the due date.
- If a laptop cannot be returned by the due date the borrower should contact Information Services as soon as possible.
- A fine of £5 per day will be levied for late return. Overdue laptops will be deemed as lost 14 days after the due date and a Lost Item Bill for the replacement cost will be issued.
- Where appropriate, an appeal against a fine may be made using the Library Fine Appeal procedure.
- Laptop Loan Lockers are for the storage and charging of Loan Laptops only.
- Please contact the IS Service Desk if you have any difficulties operating the lockers.
Contact the IS Service Desk Find out more about late returns