Every student should have a free periodThanks to funding from the Scottish Government, we are able to provide free period products to Edinburgh Napier students. We've made these available across all our campuses and accommodation sites, as well as running a free delivery scheme for students in the UK who can't attend campus.
What products are available?
You'll find a selection of HeyGirls products that are completely free, including:
- Reusable pads
- Period pants
- Menstrual cups
You're more than welcome to take whatever you need, whether it's a full box or loose items.
Where can I access period products?
- Open-access point opposite the iPoint at reception
- Toilet dispensers in B56a (gender neutral)
- Open-access point outside 1/53 at the west entrance area next to cash machine
- Toilet dispensers in 0/16 (female), 0/17 (gender neutral), 1/13 (female), 1/14 (gender neutral), 2/13 (female), 2/14 (gender neutral)
- Open-access point outside 1.D.05, near the essay submission boxes
- Toilet dispensers in 0.C.03 (gender neutral), 0.D.05 (gender neutral), 1.C.03 (gender neutral)
- Bainfield: Laundry room
- Orwell Terrace: East Kip accessible toilet
- Slateford Road: Castlelaw accessible toilet
Can I get period products delivered if I’m not on campus?
We're working with HeyGirls to make sure students who are unable to travel to campus still have access to free period products. Sign up for our Free Delivery Scheme to get period products delivered directly to your door!
Please note that we can only deliver to students within the UK.
What if I notice stock is running low?
Bleedin' Saor - tackling period poverty
The dispensers in our campus toilets were designed by product design students as part of the Bleedin' Saor project. This student-led campaign had the aim of tackling period poverty, encouraging period positivity and ending the silence around menstruation.
Through creativity and collaboration, an inclusive community has been created with achievements including menstruation stations at each campus, the first University-wide Bloody Big Brunch and a documentary film.