Visa & International Support
The Visa and International Support offer a professional and friendly welcome to all international students while providing advice on a range of immigration matters relating to study and life in the UK. The team also provide support during and after your studies.
Are you a new international student joining us in September 2023? If so, join us for our international student Pre-Arrival and Welcome events!
Visa and International Support are hosting pre-arrival and welcome events for all new international students. Here you will have the opportunity to learn more about Edinburgh Napier University and tips to prepare yourself for your new academic career, meet fellow students and take the first steps to embracing your university experience in Edinburgh. The pre-arrival events will take place before the final registration date and the welcome event will take place after, once you have settled in.
The events will run online and dates are as below - all students due to start their studies in September 2023 will be emailed with further information prior to these events:
- Pre-arrival: 10 August 2023 14:00pm UK time
- Pre-arrival: 24 August 2023 14:00pm UK time
- Welcome: 28 September 2023 14:00pm UK time
We look forward to seeing you then!
We provide specialist advice various areas such as the below:
- Visa applications, both within the UK and outside of the UK
- Appropriate visas for studying/right to study checks for non-UK/EEA students
- Visas for attending Graduation
- Issuing various Letters for immigration purposes (employment, visas for travelling in Europe and for attending Graduation)
- All UK visa related matters for current students, including returning students following a break in studies and dependants
- Visas for working in the UK during and after studies
- License Compliance & UK Visas and Immigration Audit
- Attendance monitoring of Student visa holders
We also work closely with various teams at the University such as the Admissions team to provide immigration advice to new and continuing students when they apply to study at Edinburgh Napier University.
If you have any questions for the team, please see our contact details in the 'Contact Us' section below.
In-sessional English Language Support
Are you a student who speaks English as your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, (etc.) language?
Do you speak English as your 1st language but are from a different educational system to the UK?
We are here to help you with your Academic English and thereby help you become more familiar with the expectations of the UK system.
Cat Morrison, Head of Visa and International Support
Jessica Doyle, International Support Officer
Megan Jones, International Support Officer
Harry Grierson, International Support Officer (Attendance Monitoring)
Maxine McCullough, International Support Officer (Attendance Monitoring)
Catarina Silva, Visa & International Support Assistant
Zarina Dinassylova, Visa & International Support Assistant
Call: +44 131 455 2272
Office: Sighthill Campus, Room 5.B.29 (Opening hours are 09:00 - 17:00)