Latest information and guidance on Covid-19
We continue to follow Scottish Government and Public Health Scotland guidance to ensure a safe campus for our staff, students and visitors. We will continue to review the guidance and respond to any changes accordingly.
Following 'Covid sense' on campus
All Covid-19 rules and restrictions have been lifted in Scotland, but the virus has not gone away. Please follow Scottish Government 'Covid sense' guidance to help protect yourself and others.
Your health, safety and wellbeing is our number one priority and we will continue to work to ensure our campuses are safe for you to work and study.
- Although social distancing is no longer a requirement, we continue to encourage it where possible.
- Face coverings are no longer legally required in indoor spaces including all our university premises; however the Scottish Government strongly recommends that you continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces.
- Our class sizes will remain capped and we will continue to operate our classrooms and lecture theatres at 75 per cent of maximum capacity
- We will continue to have a 30-minute break between classes to prevent crowding outside classrooms and lecture theatres, and we will continue to ventilate as much as possible.
- We are planning to increase the maximum size of on-campus classes from 50 students to 100, which will mean that more of our students will have scheduled in-person lectures and tutorials. This will be kept under review during the trimester and adjusted if necessary.
While some of these measures will make life on campus feel more normal, we are continuing to exercise caution to help keep our communities safe from the spread of Covid-19.
Please play your part in making our society safer by arranging to be vaccinated and boosted. You can find out how to get vaccinated on our How To Get Vaccinated page on My Napier.Read about how we're ensuring students are not academically disadvantaged by the pandemic Learn how to access PCs and bookable study spaces using Resource Booker Download our Covid-19 Student Health and Safety Guide (PDF)