The Money pages provide you information, guidance and support to a wide range of finance specific information and helps you apply for a range of funding packages and childcare support.
Money Worries and Debts – How to get help and advice
Managing your finances is often a challenge for students, particularly with the current and upcoming increase in the cost of living.
The Student Funding Team are available to help and advise you of the best ways to make the most of your money and manage your outgoings.
If you are struggling with your finances and are worried that your income does not cover your outgoings and/or you cannot make sufficient payments to your landlord, credit cards companies or other financial commitments, we are here to help. We can help you set a realistic budget and give advice on where and how to seek professional help with unmanageable debts.
How to contact us
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: please call 0131 455 2944 Monday to Thursday
To make an appointment:
If you wish to have a face to face conversation, the Student Funding team have appointments available:
- Craiglockhart campus between 9am and 12noon
- Sighthill campus between 9am and 12noon
- Merchiston campus between 1:30pm and 4:15pm.
To book an appointment please visit the following webpage myFuture (napier.ac.uk) when making an appointment please let the team know what help you are looking for just in case you need to bring anything with you on the day of your appointment.
All appointments are confidential and are in a private room.
How we can help
Help with applications - If you need help with an application to any of our funds one of our team will be happy to help. Please ensure that you bring along all of the required documents in a digital format as, without these your application may be delayed and you may need another appointment. If you need to scan any documents in, there are Multifunction Printers and Scanners located at each campus to allow you to do this.
Budgeting advice - You can make an appointment with a Student Funding Advisor who can help you to set a realistic budget, give advice on how to increase your income, cut down on outgoings, how to seek professional help with unmanageable debts and what extra funding you may be eligible to apply for.
Details of extra funding available:
Before you make an appointment, you should consider which funds may suit your circumstances:
- Discretionary - https://my.napier.ac.uk/money/funding/discretionary-fund
- Childcare Funds - https://my.napier.ac.uk/money/funding/childcare-fund
- Find a Fund - https://my.napier.ac.uk/money/scholarships-and-bursaries/find-a-fund-application-system
- International and EU Crisis Fund - https://my.napier.ac.uk/money/funding/international-and-eu-crisis-fund
- Global Conflict Discretionary Fund - https://my.napier.ac.uk/money/funding/global-conflict-discretionary-fund
- International Student Emergency Fund - https://my.napier.ac.uk/money/funding/international-student-emergency-fund
Please note: that we cannot help with enquiries about the status of an existing application if it was submitted less than 21 days ago.
Scholarships and Bursaries
Students from the UK should ensure that they have applied for all applicable funding available to them. Student Funding can assist if you are having problems sourcing the correct Government Funding.Student Loans Tuition Fees Funding for Nursing Students Part-Time Fee Grant and Support Student Fees and University Debt Policy