Your student card
Your student card provides you with photographic proof that you are a current, matriculated student at Edinburgh Napier University.
The card shows your unique Edinburgh Napier student number, your photo and your library barcode.
If you’re a new student you will be told how you can get your new student card as part of the matriculation process. You will need to upload a photo of yourself (full instructions and specification details are provided) and confirm that we hold your up to date term time address.
Your student card will be posted out to you once you are a current, fully matriculated student.
A copy of your student card is also available on the Edinburgh Napier app – find out how to access the Edinburgh Napier app.
For restricted access to areas of the University such as the JKCC and LRC, you will need to use your physical card, rather than the electronic card version on the Edinburgh Napier app in order to gain entry.
Your student card frequently asked questions
What do I use my student card for?
What are the image requirements of my student card?
- Be a recent colour photo
- Be of you alone (no other people or pets in photo)
- Show you facing forwards
- Show your full face
- Be in jpg format
- You should not wear a hat or cover your head unless for religious or medical reasons
- You should not wear sunglasses
- Do not submit a photo where you are in the distance or there are other people visible
- Do not submit an image of someone else.
- Do not submit inappropriate images
How do I get my student card?