Sign in to campus
Whenever you come on campus you should sign in using the QR code displayed at the entrance of each campus.
We’ve introduced this to help maintain a safe study and work environment, and to support the Scottish Government’s Covid-19 Test and Protect operation.
You must sign in using the QR code tile on your Edinburgh Napier app.Find out how to get the Edinburgh Napier app
How do I sign in?
At the entrance of each campus there are posters with special QR codes on them.
You must use the Edinburgh Napier app which has a special reader to read the QR codes, other QR code readers will not work.
When you arrive on campus:
- Open the Edinburgh Napier app on your mobile device
- Click on the QR Code tile
- Use your device to scan the QR code on the poster at the campus entrance.
This will register your attendance on campus and is mandatory.
Here's what you need to do if you can’t get the tile to work:
Log out and back in to the Edinburgh Napier app
Before you use the tile for the first time, you must go into “settings” on the Edinburgh Napier app, log out, and log back in again.
- To log out of an iPhone, scroll to the bottom of the page on settings and choose “Log out”.
- To log out of an Android phone, click on the icon at the top of screen in Settings that shows a cross and a key.
By logging out and back in again, this will set up the tile correctly, allowing you to use the QR code reader.
Download the latest version of the Edinburgh Napier app
You must go into your mobile phone app store and download the latest version of the Edinburgh Napier app before you will be able to use the QR code reader tile.
- On iPhones, this is version 10.9.3 or later.
- On Android this is version 9.1.0, or later.
Contact the iPoint & Reception
If you are still not able to get the tile to work then you should contact your local campus iPoint & Reception.