Tuition FeesMake sure there are no delays to you starting university. Read through our tuitions fees pages to discover all you need to know about fees and payment.
The University requires payment of tuition fees in full prior to the start of your course alternatively, a payment plan must be arranged prior to or during online enrolment via ePay, our online payment system.
If you are studying 40 credits or less per trimester then payment must be paid in full.
Tuition fee rates
If you are classed as an RUK (Rest of UK which includes England, Northern Ireland and Wales) student you will retain the same fee for each academic year of continuous study.
The University requires a non-refundable fee deposit of £5,000 prior to the start of your course where annual fees are in excess of £6,500. If you are an international student who requires a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, your CAS number will not be released until your deposit payment has been received by our Fees team.
If a student declines an offer of a place on a course made to him/her after payment of the deposit, or a student enrols at Edinburgh Napier and then withdraws from study at any time before the completion of the course, the deposit will not be returned.
If a student pays a deposit and then chooses to enrol at another institution, university or college, the deposit will not be refunded.
Refunds will only be made in the event that a rejection is received for a UK student visa application or if you change your mind within 14 days of making your deposit payment.
To request a refund, students must submit the following paperwork to the University’s Finance department:
- The original unconditional offer letter from the University
- The refusal letter from the Visa office/UKISA/Immigration office
- Please note any refund issued will only be refunded to the source bank account in the country of origin
Nominating a sponsor to pay your fees
If your fees are being paid for you by a sponsor (including a government award body) you must provide evidence of sponsorship or purchase order prior to your course start date so that an invoice can be issued to the named person or organisation.
Sponsorship information can be uploaded during the online enrolment task or alternatively a letter or purchase order can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
Sponsorship information can also be sent by post to Finance, Sighthill Campus, Sighthill Court, Edinburgh, EH11 4BN.
Another option would be to take your letter to the Reception at Craiglockhart, Sighthill or Merchiston who will forward the information on your behalf to the Finance department.
If you are being sponsored for more than one academic year this information will need to be updated at the start of each new academic year.
If your sponsor withdraws financial support or does not pay all or part of an invoice you will have to pay the full amount to us.
Prompt payment discount
A discount of £500 for full payment made 30 days prior to your course start date will be allowed for self-funded students with annual tuition fees in excess of £6,500 (with the exception of collaborative students).
Other fees and charges
All other fees, charges and fines, as published are payable on demand, eg. bench fees.
- Modular billed courses – modular billed students will be invoiced per trimester. Payments can be made in full each trimester or alternatively if studying more than 40 credits payment plans must be set up by recurring card payments with a debit or credit card; we accept Visa, Visa debit, Visa electron and Mastercard and American Express. We do not accept Travel cards or Maestro cards. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Structured programmes – students on a structured programme of study can pay in full or alternatively set-up a payment plan over 6 instalments via epay.
- Part-time fee grant – visit the SAAS website for more information regarding the part-time fee grant.
Fee-paying visiting students
Visiting students are modular billed which means that the amount you pay depends on the number of modules you study:
- Modular billed students will be requested to meet with colleagues from the University’s Finance Office shortly after your arrival to set up a payment plan and arrange for the payment of your fee.
- More information on who can help with any queries concerning your fee payment and how this is organised can be found on this page.
- If you are a visiting student who is a non-EU national but studying at a European partner institution, the fee you pay per module will be higher and you will also be requested to meet with colleagues from the University’s Finance team to set up a payment plan during your first few days with us.
Postgraduate tuition fee loans
All new, eligible (Scottish domiciled and EU) students can apply to SAAS for a Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan (PTFL). Full-time students can apply for a tuition fee loan of up to £5500 per year and part- time students can apply for up to £2750 per year.
The PTFL will only be available to part-time students who are undertaking at least 50% of a full-time course and must therefore, complete their qualification in no more than two years. Visit the SAAS website or telephone 0300 555 0505 for more information.
Postgraduate discount scheme
We are offering a 20% discount in taught postgraduate tuition fees for alumni who have graduated with an undergraduate degree from Edinburgh Napier University (or any of its antecedent institutions) who enrol for either a full-time or part-time taught postgraduate degree course. Email email@example.com to find out more.
Career Development Loans (CDL) for 80% fee of costs are available from Commercial Banks. Visit Professional and Career Development Loans website for full details about eligibility and how to apply.
Option 1: full payment
Payment is accepted by by Western Union in your own currency, cash, direct transfer of funds from your bank to the University’s bank, and most forms of credit/debit via ePay, our online payment system. We accept Visa, Visa debit, Visa electron and Mastercard and American Express. We do not accept Travel cards or Maestro cards.
By phone: call the Cash Office on +44 (0)131 455 6240/6343/6005.
If making payment by direct transfer of funds please ensure payment is made in full 14 days before your course start date.
Please ensure you quote your Edinburgh Napier number as a reference when making the payment (your Edinburgh Napier number can be found on any emails to you from Edinburgh Napier).
By direct transfer of funds
Bank details for payment in full:
- Bank Name: Royal Bank of Scotland
- Address: 206 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh, EH10 4DF
- Account Name: Napier University
- IBAN: GB11RBOS83182500261075
- BIC/SWIFT: RBOSGB2L
- Account Number: 00261075
- Sort Code: 831825
Alternatively, a payment plan must be organised prior to, or during, online enrolment via ePay, our online payment system.
- 50% at enrolment and the balance in January
- Three payments in October, January and March
- Six monthly payments from October to March
- 50% at enrolment and the balance in May
- Three payments February, May and July
- 6 payments from February to July