Dealing with Loneliness & Isolation - How to get Connected
Feeling lonely while at University? Has the pandemic caused you to become more isolated? Want to know how you can feel more connected?
You’re not alone! The Napier Wellbeing Team are running an online Wellbeing Workshop on Tuesday 26 October at 1pm - 3pm.
This workshop (pre-recorded in March 2021) will explore how to cope with feelings of loneliness and isolated circumstances and ways to become more connected while at and outside University. We will look at:
- Recognising and managing loneliness and related feelings and thoughts
- Exploring some causes & reasons for loneliness and barriers to reaching out/social integration
- How we can feel more comfortable alone and appreciate time by ourselves
- Practical ways to meet people & improve our connection to self and othersA
- An opportunity to interact & share experiences in a safe space (optional)
The 2-hour workshop is partly an information-based session but will also provide some opportunity for interaction & questions. However, verbal participation is not expected and there will be an opt-out option for any interactive aspects. We want you to feel comfortable and enjoy the session and we are taking precautions to guarantee your anonymity when attending where we can. The format of the recorded online session will mainly be one or two presenters speaking to a power point slide presentation and a live Q&A following the workshop may be provided for those who wish to stay and chat with us.
So, make a tea, sit back and join us, let's find a way through this together.