Library Study Spaces Policy
All Covid-19 rules and restrictions have been lifted in Scotland, but the virus has not gone away. Please follow Scottish Government 'Covid sense' guidance to help protect yourself and others.
Your health, safety and wellbeing is our number one priority and we will continue to work to ensure our campuses are safe for you to work and study.
- You can visit our libraries, use study spaces/computers and borrow books without booking in advance.
- Face coverings are no longer legally required in indoor spaces including all our university premises; however the Scottish Government strongly recommends that you continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces.
- It is your responsibility to clean shared computers, study desks etc before and after you use them. You'll find hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes at multiple points.
- To use a group study room, you must book online in advance using Resource Booker (see User Guide). You can book a maximum of one two-hour slot per day.
- Group Study Rooms are for student use only.
- Although social distancing is no longer a requirement, we continue to encourage it where possible within all study spaces including Group Study Rooms. Do not exceed maximum capacity for the room, as displayed in Resource Booker and in the room.
- All Library Group Study Rooms are regularly monitored and cleaned, but you must allow 10 minutes at the beginning and end of your booking to allow for cleaning and safe access. Please take all litter with you.
Please ensure you adhere to Library Regulations at all times.