The Postal Loans Service allows you to request books online using LibrarySearch, and we will send them to you using Royal Mail.
This service is normally only for students studying part time, distance learning or on University work placement who have difficulty visiting our libraries in person.
We have temporarily extended the service to all UK-based students and staff to support those unable to come to campus. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Registration and costs
- You will be charged £1 per item, which will be added to your Library account.
- You can pay online using LibrarySearch. See How to pay Library Charges and Fines on the Our Charges and Fines page.
- The borrower is responsible for paying the return postage.
How to make a request
Make a request for a Postal Loan using LibrarySearch:
- Sign in at the top right using your University login details.
- Search for the book you want. When you find it, click on the link underneath e.g. ‘Available at Sighthill’ or 'Currently unavailable; Check here for details.'
- Click Request and use Pickup Location to choose Home Address. Click Send Request.
- Maximum of ten active hold requests at any one time.
- Requests can be placed on items with a loan period of 7 days.
- Maximum of 20 items on loan.