Welcome to Edinburgh Napier University
If you've just started at the University you'll need to know how to access and use our IT Services whether you’re based on or off campus.
Before you go any further you should work through the Introduction to Computing and Library Services. This is a Moodle module which provides information about all our online services, Library and IT.Go to the Introduction to Computer and Library Services Find out how to download the Edinburgh Napier app
Logging in to our services
To log in to any of our online services on or off campus you’ll need to know your Edinburgh Napier student number, email address and password:
- When you started at the University you will have been given an 8 digit student number, also sometimes referred to as matriculation number.
- Your email address is: <your student number>@live.napier.ac.uk, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will have set your password as part of the Getting Registered process, you should also have registered for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and the Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) service.
Do you need help:
- setting up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- connecting to the free University Wi-Fi (eduroam)
- downloading and logging in to the Edinburgh Napier App, or
- to ask a question about the University’s computing services
If so, come along to one of our Get Connected drop-in sessions.
Useful information for all new students
Click on the links below to find out how to:Access a computer on campus Access your email Save your files Access a University laptop Get Moodle support Get free software Connect to a University desktop off campus Get connected to University Wi-Fi Read the Student Loans Company's Fraud Facts for Freshers