Health and Safety Policy StatementThe University's Health and Safety policy statement is detailed below. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
In discharging its responsibility, the University Court will in particular ensure that all steps within its power are taken, in so far as is reasonably practicable, in respect of:
- The provision and maintenance of place and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health
- Arrangements for ensuring safety and absence of risk to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of staff and students of the University
- The maintenance of any place of work under the University Court’s control in a condition that is safe and without risk to health and the provision and maintenance of means of access and egress from it that are safe and without such risks
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment for staff and students that is safe, without risk to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
The University Court accepts its responsibility to protect employees and persons other than University employees against risk to health or safety arising out of, or in connection with, the activities of its staff. In pursuance of this policy the University has established a Health and Safety Committee to advise the Court on all matters relating to health and safety in the University. The Health and Safety Committee receives reports from its specialist working parties and from permanent officers concerned with health, safety and welfare.
All employees and students have the responsibility to:
- Work safely
- Report accidents and hazards
- Cooperate with management to achieve a healthy and safe workplace
- Take reasonable care of themselves and others