Research Degree FormsYou can find more details about our procedures in the Research Degrees Framework (PDF, 1.8 MB) and we have provided links on this page to our research degree forms (If you require an accessible version of this document please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). In most cases these forms must be completed by your Director of Studies.
Applications and admissions
If you are interested in applying for a research degree, you should look at our admissions pages for more information on the types of degrees, fees and how to apply.
- RD2 (Word, 70 kB) Authorisation for research student admission
- RD2-B (Word, 138 kB) Authorisation for exceptional (non-standard) entry dates
- RD2G (Word, 91 kB) Authorisation for research student admission (GTA). To be used when approving the appointment of a Graduate Training Assistant
- RD17 (Word, 83 kB) Application for PhD by published works
Changes and interruptions to study
- RD7 (Word, 76 kB) Application for suspension of registration - For students with extenuating circumstances.
- RD7-AA (Word, 56 kB) Request for approval of authorized absence - For Tier 4 visa-holding research students who need to be absent from University for 5+ days
- RD8 (Word, 145 kB) Application to change mode of study - For students changing from full-time to part-time, or part-time to full-time study
- RD9 (Word, 88 kB) Notification of withdrawal of registration
- RD10 (Word, 83 kB) Application for extension to maximum period of registration
- RD11 (Word, 93 kB) Application for change to approved supervisory team
- RD11-IPC (Word, 87 kB) Change of Independent Panel Chair approval.
- Stipend-stopper (Word, 88 kB) - To be used whenever a student's stipend has to be stopped as a consequence of a progress decision or other change (not including suspended study).
Examination and thesis
- RD12 (Word, 158 kB) Application for approval of exam arrangements
- RD12 checklist (PDF, 171 kB) - Directors of Studies can use this to assist them when completing form RD12
- RD.CV (Word, 67 kB) Research degree examiner’s brief CV
- RD15 (Word, 92 kB) Candidate’s declaration form - You must submit this with your thesis for examination
- RD18 (Word, 105 kB) Application for extension to deadline for submission of amended thesis - For students with extenuating circumstances post-viva
- RD20 (Word, 67 kB) Thesis submission - You must submit this with your final, approved version of the thesis
All examiner report forms (RD13, RD14 and RD16) are provided directly to examiners