Research Degree Forms

You can find more details about our procedures in the Research Degrees Framework (PDF, 1.8 MB) and we have provided links on this page to our research degree forms (If you require an accessible version of this document please contact In most cases these forms must be completed by your Director of Studies.

Applications and admissions

If you are interested in applying for a research degree, you should look at our admissions pages for more information on the types of degrees, fees and how to apply.

Progress reviews

Changes and interruptions to study

  • RD7 (Word, 76 kB) Application for suspension of registration - For students with extenuating circumstances.
  • RD7-AA (Word, 56 kB) Request for approval of authorized absence - For Student Route/Tier4 visa-holding research students who need to be absent from University for 5+ days
  • RD8 (Word, 145 kB) Application to change mode of study - For students changing from full-time to part-time, or part-time to full-time study
  • RD9 (Word, 88 kB) Notification of withdrawal of registration
  • RD10 (Word, 83 kB) Application for extension to maximum period of registration
  • RD11 (Word, 93 kB) Application for change to approved supervisory team
  • RD11-IPC (Word, 87 kB) Change of Independent Panel Chair approval.
  • Stipend-stopper (Word, 88 kB) - To be used whenever a student's stipend has to be stopped as a consequence of a progress decision or other change (not including suspended study).

Examination and thesis

All examiner report forms (RD13, RD14 and RD16) are provided directly to examiners